Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's the Itty-Bitty Apartment Tour

I should start with apologies for it being 7 months since my last post, but instead I'll start with the announcement that I forgot the URL to my blog and had to search through my Facebook posts to find it. Yeah, I'm that bad.

In other, and much more exciting, (not to mention interesting) news...

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE.

It doesn't have a major movie title like We Bought a Zoo, but it's much cheaper to buy a house. And cleaner. And less liability. So we opted for a house.  Plus, I don't think animals are our thing. We couldn't get our pet Beta fish Humphrey to eat for 2 weeks after we brought him home from the hospital...er, PetSmart.

Walk with me through our place for an Apartment Tour. Actually, when you're here, you don't really need to walk to see the whole place. Just turn your head as you stand in this spot and you get the whole panorama.

I like to make the joke that you can see our whole apartment in one spot if you stand in the right place.



There it is. End of apartment tour. 

We have learned that apartment photographers are so skilled that the pictures they post on the apartment website makes apartment look 56 times bigger than in real life.

I tried my hand at it.


The key is to squish yourself against the wall and hold your camera in the cranny where the wall meets the ceiling.


But this apartment is full of memories of our first 11 months of marriage. And we've loved it.



Like that little Colorado pot and stake we got on our honeymoon. Instead of chocolate, it used to hold a cactus. I killed it, obviously.

I have bad luck with cacti. This one died when I left the windows open overnight and it dropped to below 50.



Ah. The one spot in the apartment that turns my morning grumpy grunts into cohesive sentences. If you look closely at the carpet below this cart, you'll find a coffee stain. From the time I tried to brew a cup of coffee into my to-go mug. With the lid still fully on.






Speaking of stupid things I've done (I'm sensing a theme here)... Let me just give my PSA: Ladies, when you use your favorite embroidered tea towel to cover your bread as it rises in your oven, be sure you set your oven to warm, and not to BROIL.

Thankfully, my kind family friend graciously embroidered me a new one.

Do any other wives find that their husbands insist their glass stays out all evening??


This is where the magic happens. 


And this is where the magic lands. 




I love red. I love FiestaWare. I love cookbooks.

And from the looks of it, we also love beer.




I can't say that I've mastered the art of French Cooking yet, but I can say that I've mastered the art of stacking my drying dishes a mile high.



Our kitchen table was a gift from my sweet in-laws, and we're happy to welcome our friends and family to this table. 



Like when we crammed my family of 8 into our itty bitty apartment for Thanksgiving.

And when my amazing husband carved the hippopotamus-sized Turkey.




Like the picture below says, these past 11 months in our apartment really have been Our Greatest Adventure. We've loved building our married life together in this place with the support and love from our family and friends. We are blessed, grateful, and excited for our move to our house.



And I have feeling that in our new house, this same Bible verse will go right above our door once again.






3 comments:

  1. Your apartment is 100 percent cozy and inviting, and I have no doubts your new house will be every bit as adorable and fun! So excited for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment is lovely! I love how colorful the details are, and that colorful quilt hanging on the living room wall brightens the place up beautifully. Anyway, I'm sure you and your husband are eager to start your new adventure as homeowners soon. Thanks for sharing that, Sarah! All the best!

    Myron Payne @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete